07 June 2014

Caring for your jewellery.


TONI MAY STONE NECKLACE
CARPE DIEM FEATHER RING
LEONIE MCRAE FINE RINGS
KIRSTIN ASH CUSTOMISED NECKLACE
32.4 TRIANGLE/CIRCLE NECKLACE
CLAIRE ARSTIDES HORSE-SHOE BRACELT IN ROSE GOLD
32.4 MOON CHASER CIRCLE NECKLACE

By now, you must all know about my jewelry lust & the fact that I do not leave the house without having some sort of silver or the occasional rose gold around my neck/wrists and fingers. So, I decided to dedicate this post on the care for jewellery – because no one really talks about this, & this is very  important (we want them to last!). Having once, carelessly throwing all my rings and delicate necklaces in some vintage china bowl, the thought of them being damaged never crossed my mind – the scratching, tangling, discolouring, the list goes on. This was until my favourite necklace ended up snapping.. I eventually lost the other half amongst the entwined chains. (Heart broke a little – a lot.)

With the help of Claire Aristides, here are some very helpful tips on taking care of your jewellery: 
-       Store each piece of jewelry separately to avoid scratching.
- Apply make up, hairspray and perfume before putting on jewellery (one I never considered until now, the necklace I wear all the time belonging to my Mother is now rusted because I always spray perfume on it)
-       Remove jewellery before using household chemicals.
- Avoid direct sunlight/heat.

For traveling:
-       Wiping cloths (!) Cloths vary for silver, rose gold, brass, gold.

-       I learnt this trick at interning for fine necklaces to keep chains separate / prevent tangling.

-       Little suede/canvas pouches for rings and bracelets. 

FOLLOW | INSTA | FB | TWTTR | ASK

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I've always been pretty careless about my jewelry. I just stuff them into my jewelry box when I'm done. It's quite a mess actually and they always get entangled. Probably best to buy small ziplocs to store them separately LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so nifty! I love to use those little plastic canisters rolls of film come in for travelling too x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homage Jewellery, available in Australia since 2011.costume jewelry Homage Personalised Jewellery is about family, friends and personal expressions. Homage Jewellery is beautifully crafted in enduring ageless designs, honouring those you love in a range of styles to suit all tastes and lifestyles.Continue reading women's Homagejewellery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homage Jewellery, available in Australia since 2011.costume jewelry Homage Personalised Jewellery is about family, friends and personal expressions. Homage Jewellery is beautifully crafted in enduring ageless designs, honouring those you love in a range of styles to suit all tastes and lifestyles.Continue reading women's Homagejewellery

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a new jewelry designer who turn its love for jewelry for something more I know how hard it can be to be noticed or just appreciated.

    exclusive gold jewellery

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jewelry is a very lovable thing and everyone like to wear it especially women. I also like to wear different kind of jewelry. I am always looking for new trends.

    Jwellery Items

    ReplyDelete

Love reading comments, so drop some by and leave a name and URL
x Yan